Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
After a long day at work, coming home to water damage is the last thing you want to find. Water can leave behind damages to flooring, walls, and ceilings. SERVPRO of Jamestown/ Olean is the restoration company you can trust. Call us immediately and let our team give you guidance and direction to restore your home back to pre water conditions. Electrical and potential slip hazards can be unsafe for your loved ones. Follow the water damage tips while you wait for the team to arrive. Let SERVPRO of Jamestown/ Olean take the stress of water damage away, we are available anytime 24/7.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (716) 338-4901
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.